ᴄᴀʀʀʏɪɴɢ ᴀ sᴡᴏʀᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ, ᴀ Fɪɢᴜʀᴇ ʀᴜɴs ᴀᴄʀᴏss ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀɪᴅɢᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ.

Oh, ᴀ ᴍᴇssᴇɴɢᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇɪᴛʏ ʜᴀs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ!

❀ Previous Theory(until I write about my new, current one)❀

Kunitsu-Gami lore as its own entity: looking at myth of the mountain god and new ideas on Cursed Soh's identity.

Tuesday, 23 June 2026

Kunitsu-Gami Game Design Commentary 17: Shokera(しょうけら)

■第17回 畏哭一のスタイリッシュ!しょうけら
題名通りです、今までもこの先も割と敵のクセが強いと言われてまして。一体ぐらい所謂カッコいい枠があっても良いのでは?
そう言われる日が来ると思って、考えてました、本当です。
素直にしょうけらをイメージしつつ、今作に合うようにディティールと攻撃性を詰めました。
動きは創作ダンス等で活躍する渡辺さん。とても魅惑的な動きを吹き込んで頂けたので想像以上のカッコ良さ!!
■17th Round: Ikkyu's Stylish Style! Shoukera  
As the title says, it's been said up until now and probably will be in the future that the enemies have pretty strong quirks. Wouldn't it be nice to have at least one in the so-called "cool" category?  
I was thinking that a day like this would come, I really was.  
I imagined Shoukera straightforwardly while packing in details and aggression to fit this work.  
The movements are by Mr. Watanabe, who shines in creative dance and such. He infused it with such bewitching motions that it's cooler than I could have imagined!!


Plaque Lore:
高所から飛びかって人をおそ畏哭いこく。そのするどつめ頑丈がんじょうよろいさえも、いともたやすく切りくという。二カ月に一度の庚申かのえさるの日の夜、罪を犯した人間が寝静ねしずまるのを見計らってばつあたえるという神がけがされて畏哭いこくになったとする説がある。そのことから、しょうけらが現れる夜は大勢で集まってずに過ごすという風習がある。
The Shokera leap from great heights to attack their prey. Even the strongest armor is no match for their sharp claws. Legend states that on the night of Koshin, occurring once every 60 days, a god transformed into a Seethe after passing punishment upon the slumbering humans for the sins they had committed. It has now become a custom for people to gather together and stay awake throughout the long nights the Shokera are said to appear.
The head wears a veil like Yoshiro and the horns remind me of Cursed Soh.

Don't you think the lower body looks quite feminine in its proportions? The knees are inward, which is a female trait. The smaller waist in comparison to the hips.

The Seethe are said to be the Goddess's 'kin'. Was this considered when designing them?
These twitter posts don't always give too much information...