ᴄᴀʀʀʏɪɴɢ ᴀ sᴡᴏʀᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ, ᴀ Fɪɢᴜʀᴇ ʀᴜɴs ᴀᴄʀᴏss ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀɪᴅɢᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ.

Oh, ᴀ ᴍᴇssᴇɴɢᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇɪᴛʏ ʜᴀs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ!

❀ Previous Theory(until I write about my new, current one)❀

Kunitsu-Gami lore as its own entity: looking at myth of the mountain god and new ideas on Cursed Soh's identity.

Saturday, 27 June 2026

Kunitsu-Gami Game Design Commentary 19: Shiniku Zamurai(屍肉侍しにくざむらい)

■第19回 見た目の衝撃と機能と屍肉侍
刀を使う敵って魅力ありますよね。ゲーム視点は引き気味なので、鞘から抜いても多分、分からないな、如何しようかな。
開発初期にミーティングで体に刺さった刀を抜いて戦う案があった事を思い出し、それを人体でいう所の頭集約。
身体は全体的に抽象化した印象にして、色々な角度や切り取り方で顔に見える様にデザインしています。
複数体での連携した動きは割と厄介。SEに関しても色々とお願いして困らせた気もしなくは無いですが、
総合的にインパクトが出たので気に入ってます。皆さんの協力ありがとう!
■19th Round: The Shock of Appearance, Functionality, and the Corpse Meat Samurai

Enemies who use swords have a certain charm, don't they? From a game perspective, it's a bit reserved, so even when drawn from the scabbard, it's probably hard to tell—hmm, what to do.

I recalled that during an early development meeting, there was an idea about pulling out a sword stabbed into the body and fighting with it, so I consolidated that into what would be the head area in human terms.

I've designed the body to give an overall abstracted impression, so that it looks like a face from various angles or cropping methods.

Coordinated movements by multiple units are fairly troublesome. As for the sound effects, I feel like I made a bunch of requests and might have caused some trouble,

But overall, it turned out impactful, so I'm quite fond of it. Thank you all for your cooperation!

Plaque Lore:
合戦の中、敵味方関係なく人をおそい刀をるったさむらいがいた。ある夜、寝込ねこみをおそわれたことで命を落とす。 その亡骸なきがらは無数の顔が集まった見た目をしており、どこが本当の顔か分からなかったと言われている。いつのころからか、夜な夜な戦いを求めるさむらいが山中に現れ、頭部にさった刀を引きき、りかかってくると伝えられる。
There once was a samurai who swung his sword at all those in his path, regardless of friend or foe. His life came to an end one night when he was taken down in his sleep. Legend says the corpse left behind was merely a collection of faces, with no way to tell which one was the true face of the samurai. Even in death the samurai's lust for blood is unyielding, and it can be found roaming the mountains at night, a sword pulled from its own head in hand.